Friday, October 17, 2008

Where have all the good fries gone?


I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but have all the fries at fast food places gone down the tubes? McDonalds used to be the best, but their's have been bad for a while now. Wendy's are alright. Burger King's were my next favorite, but a few weeks ago they changed their's too. I know the culprit of this taste degradation is this new "healthier" oil they are using. I know greasy fries are bad for me and will decrease my life span, but can't I choose for myself. If I want to die of cardiovascular disease it should be my business. Am I all alone on this? Are my taste buds the only ones fine tuned enough to tell the difference?

6 comments:

Hub said...

Carl's Jr, dude. They win best fries by a landslide. No question. And by the way - I am pretty much an expert on fast food. I have the extra pounds to prove it.

Tikes said...

I am with you BNut...that is why you have to go to places that have no regard for the FDA or any other regulatory agency...such as Polar Queen, Daley Freeze, Santa Queen, etc. They are in no hurry to change thier oils...

Tobias said...

I like red robin fries. But if your talking about fast food, I would have to say Arbie's curley fries when I choose to eat them.

nataliejustin said...

Weinerschnitzel, top notch!
P.S. I think its awesome you are blogging!

Riley Alexander said...

All I know is one time when I was little JPac was so impressed with Wendy's fries (Provo) while "taking the family out to dinner" that he asked the manager the temperature at which they cook their fries. When he mentioned the degree I remember pops saying "wow, that's hot".

Holy.

Unknown said...

thats funny. you know that kid tells that story even today.

the fries today all suck because of Al Gore and the political correctness crowd.