Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Greatest Sport Ever!


It is known by most that I love just about any sport known to man. Baseball-check, Basketball-check, Football-check, Golf-check, Tennis-check, Badmitten-check, Pickleball-check, o.k. you get the idea. The one that most of you probably didn't know I love is motocross. Shortly after I was married my brother-in-laws got me into riding motorcycles, and I will never be the same. This sport is one of the most fun and exciting sports to watch or participate in. I follow both the AMA Motocross series and the AMA Supercross series (motocross in stadiums) religiously, and check websites daily for news, highlights, results,etc... I have even participated in several races myself, and have never experienced a bigger rush than being on the starting line with 35 other riders getting ready to do battle on a jump laden, rough motocross track. It was more fun than I can even describe. I know some of you are probably thinking JROD has gone redneck. Well if liking motocross makes me a redneck, then that's exactly what you can call me.

12 comments:

Tobias said...

Jrod do you like NASCAR as well?

Bnut's Bible said...

No, nascar is gay. It takes no physical ability whatsoever. How hard is it to turn left over and over.

Tikes said...

JRod...I admitted I had a man crush on Shia LeBeouf, and somehow that is not as bad as what you just admitted. You check for daily updates? Yowsa. This combined with your love for duke and your unlove for Jim Rome is seriously jeapordizing your awesomeness.

Bnut's Bible said...

Anybody can rant and rave and sound like an idiot about sports. That is all Jim Rome does. As for my love for Duke Basketball, I can understand your hatred. You are in fact a UNC fan (don't ask me why). Don't dis on motocross until you've tried it, and you probably never will so let there be silence.

Tobias said...

Tikes;

Where does the Love for UNC come from... I must admit I have always wondered. Bnut where does the love for Duke come from because my brother (author of Idaho Paradise) suffers from the same thing...

Tikes said...

I have ridden a motorbike...and It was fun. I am not dissing your love for actually riding the bike..only your obsession with watching and checking Espn for updates on bike riding...

Kody, for a complete history of my UNC fanhood...go here

http://tikesbikes.blogspot.com/2007/12/changing-worldone-mind-at-time.html

Bnut's Bible said...

ESPN doesn't follow motocross, it is ESPN's one downfall. For info check out www.racerxonline.com or www.motocross.transworld.net.

Bennett Family said...

HONESTLY...the things you guys fight about. You make our marriage look great! LUV YA

Unknown said...

j.b. I dont think i would go so far as to say it is the greatest sport ever. it would probably be fun, but its just dirty nascar on bikes.

p.s. if ESPN doesnt cover it, doesnt that mean anything to you?

Unknown said...

Dear Rebecca,
that is what we are here for, to strengthen the family......and diss each other endlessly.

Tobias said...

Dr. P;

That is why I asked the first question of this post. If you like Motor Cross, It is true that you like to shop at Cabella's and like Nascar. You talk about Nascar while you check out of the line while you shop for hunting gear is what I am trying to say.

Bnut's Bible said...

I do like to shop at Cabela's. They have lots of cool stuff like guns, ammo, bows, camping gear, etc... I know you like Bed Bath & Beyond Tobi, and that is fine. Thats's your deal pal. ESPN also shows Billiards, Poker, Ping Pong, Food Eating Contests, etcc.. Does that make those things cool P.?