Thursday, October 9, 2008

Alexander's Disease?


This morning during a meeting at work, a rare genetic disease was brought to my attention which no doubt hits home to Team Awesome. This rare disease is called Alexander's Disease and is obviously named after Team Awesome's youngest contributor. "Alexander's disease is a slowly progressing and fatal neurodegenerative disease. It is a very rare disorder which results from a genetic mutation and mostly affects infants and children, causing developmental delay and changes in physical characteristics." Clinical features include: "Delays in development of some physical, psychological and behavioral skills, progressive enlargement of the head (macrocephaly), seizures, spasticity, in some cases also hydrocephalus, dementia, clumsy movements." Is this not our very Ri-Bone himself? I especially enjoy "delays in development (i.e. he's a little slow), macrocephaly (big head), spasticity, and clumsy movements". I realize Ri-Bone and his parents have probobly been keeping this information to themselves, but I thought it my duty to share this with all of you so you might spend sufficient time(or rejoice in this fact) with Ri-Bone before it is too late. "The prognosis is generally poor. With early onset, death usually occurs within 10 years after the onset of symptoms. Usually, the later the disease occurs, the slower its course is." Peace Out!

15 comments:

Tikes said...

Spasticity - one of the greatest words ever invented.

As for it being called a disease? Who's to say? Ri-Bone no doubt thinks that all the rest of humanity are sick and he is well.

Yet....I will let him respond for himself. I just wanted to call extra attention to the word spasticity.

By the way JRod, multiple posts in one day...nicely done.

Tikes said...

Just to get the emails.

Hub said...

My favorite is Hydrocephalus. I recently taught our dear Ri-Bone about this disease. I swear that a certain basketball coache's child suffers this disease in some small form.

Unknown said...

Thats weird, a disease that has a huge brain is named alexanders? huh.
is there a disease named bennets disease who's manifestations are muscle atrophy, and anorexic type body habitus?

Bnut's Bible said...

It just says a large head, not a big smart brain. If you read closer it says developmentaly delayed (i.e. slow). It's a real disease, I didn't make it up. Do you want some of this p.? I'll kick your trash!

Riley Alexander said...

I question the authenticity of this disease. If it is indeed a legit disease the following will happen immediatly since it has been labeled a "fatal" disease.

I will become reveared for having it. Everyday I live will be full of people honering my courage and will to go on. I will recive millions from corporate donations... ect.

What do I say? Bring on the disease

Riley Alexander said...

Now, let us explain "Bennet's Disease".

Sadly, it is far more then simply having muscle atrophy and an anorexic appearance. To go into further detail, it is mainly a growth disorder. Specially targeting the Bicept, and male reproductive organs. The tissue in the said areas will experice stunted growth just after birth. Due to the same area's stunted growth, they are labeled "non existant".

Unknown said...

Its a good thing that youre going to kick my trash with those 4 inch arms you have, that wont even dent my macrocephalic cranium.

Unknown said...

by the way, this is what the blungle is all about. see, its not so hard.

Riley Alexander said...

JRod, knows all about "it's not so hard".

Bnut's Bible said...

Your right Ri-Bone, I do know all about not so hard. Most everything I do has been not so hard. I'm just really good at everything. Just like last week when you and Hub challenged me and Tikes to a one hole match at Gladstan. Even on a par 5 (with a 1 stroke gift) all you and Hub could come up with was a 7, wilst(that's for you Tikes) me a takes were solid as always with a par. With all this talking I'm starting to get thirsty. How about that drink? In regards to you questioning the validity of said disease, do a little research if you know how. I'll make it easy, go to www.google.com and type in "Alexander's Disease" and click a website. Then simply read what is there. And it's a good thing there is 2 t's in my last name, so your made up disease obviously has nothing to do with me.

Riley Alexander said...

Let me rephrase my last comment to be more understandable...

what I meant was... Your wife, knows all about "not hard".

Tikes said...

Easy Ri-Bone.....this is still a PG-13 rated blog....and I know your mom would not approve.

JRod, there is a delete comments button if you so choose.

Anonymous said...

Are you guys gay?????????????

Tikes said...

Dear Anonymous,

If you are man (or girl) enough to leave a comment, go ahead and leave your name.

For the record, I am assuming that was you Kory.