Sunday, November 2, 2008

Things Just Keep Getting Better


Wow, what a difference a week can make. Not only does Florida come out and straight up work Georgia, but Texas Tech pulls through and beats Texas. Florida's chances for playing for the national championship keep getting more realistic every week. Florida has been playing better and better every week, and I don't think there is a team in the country that they can't hang with. The defense holds Georgia to 10 points (putting the scrubs in with 10 min. left), including holding Moreno to well under 100 yards. I don't need to say anything about the offense. They are really good right now. Does 49 points against Georgia mean anything to you (with second stringers in with 10 min. to play). Texas Tech still has to play Oklahoma State and Oklahoma and could very well lose one or both of those, while I hope Michigan St. can somehow beat Penn St. If Florida can then win out, including SEC title game against Bama. We're in. Here's hopin....

5 comments:

Tikes said...

Even if there are a few 1 loss teams in the conversation, it is hard to disagree with an absolute beatdown that they gave Georgia, who looked as bad as ever in the 2nd half. Way to answer....or roll over.

The BCS standings will tell you more than the AP poll will....because they were 8th in the BCS before this...

I did enjoy them pouring salt in the wound with two final TO's...nice Urban.

Riley Alexander said...

I'm not a true college football fan but if I had two teams they would be florida and Texas. I like Tebo and Mccoy. I'm happy for Florida but the Texas game pissed me off. How bad can you croak and how hard can you work to lose a game.

Texas dropped two int's in the last 1:00 and 2 players failed to push out of bounds, or even tackle one TT player. Lame.

But that is good for Florida

Tobias said...

There is not a Team in College that can play with Florida. They are hands down the best team in college football. I hope they get to play Pen State in the BCS so the Big Ten can get blown out by a thousand touchdowns for the third year in a row.

Unknown said...

I also hope the best for Florida, I would love to see florida play ohio state again and win 784-3.

Riley Alexander said...

How ironic, that's the same score as the last 147 straight PHS football games?