Thursday, November 6, 2008

Eugoogoolizer Bnut


This is an official Eugoogooly for one of my good friend Tikes' favorite authors (I don't even know if Tikes knows he died). Michael Crichton author of books such as: Jurassic Park, Lost World, The Andromeda Strain, Rising Sun, Prey, and many more intelligent and entertaining books, died November 4, 2008 after a private battle with cancer. I usually don't read, but I have read a couple of his novels (Tikes convinced me to read Jurassic Park and The Lost World) and they were very well written. I know this will be a big blow to Tikes and he will probably go into "recluse mode", but he should pull through. With his vast collection of Michael Crichton books, his memory should live on in Tikes' life for a very long time. I just want to let you know that I'm here for you Tikes. And Amanda, you may want to hide all sharp object from your husband for a week or so.

9 comments:

Tikes said...

I wept openly last night when A-jo casually mentioned the terrible news to me. I feel like I have lost a mentor. I have read many of his books...and own even more. It is a sad day in the blungle..and I will read all his books again just to honor his memory. I will also read his newest novel (set to be released in early 2009 and is so far untitled) Thank you Bnut for your support...I will need it.

By the way...if you love me, you will read State of Fear, Timeline, Congo, the 13th Warrior, and the Great Train Robbery for these are essential books in the Crichton collection.

By the way...dude was 6'9".

Bnut's Bible said...

The only reason I read the other two was because I was like 16. I don't have time to read these blogs, let alone 5 novels. Though I'm sure they would be very good. Maybe someday....

Riley Alexander said...

Funny... I'm not sad at all.

However, when Bill Watterson dies, dont expect me to get out of bed for a while.

Unknown said...

I, to, wept openly. I shall never be the same.

Tikes said...

Riley....I don't even know what your comment means.

Riley Alexander said...

Bill Watterson is a true writer.

He made the Calvin and Hobbes comics. Get cultured.... geez

Unknown said...

that is code for "I am gay, and I am happy Obama is president".

Riley Alexander said...

It's because Carmelo Anthony a.k.a. Dr. P's boyfreind said he was going to score 42 points that night to honor Obama becoming president.

To say that is gay. To not even be able to do it is even more gay. Lastly, to actually be Carmelo Anthony is the gayest thing of all.

Riley Alexander said...

BNut, great choice on the 2Pac on the blog. If you didn't know, you were the one that introduced me to his clean lyrics as a young child with your "R U Still Down" CD. I then recorded the whole cd and listened to it every day on my paper route on my super sweet walkman.