Monday, December 8, 2008

Lady (Ri-Bone) & Gentlemen It's On!


After a great game on Saturday, the Gators will now be playing for all the scones in Scotland. I hope all of you got a chance to watch Alabama vs. Florida, what a game. Both teams played awesome and it could have gone either way. There for a little while in the third quarter I was starting to get nervous. Florida had just been stopped several times in a row, and Alabama seemed to be moving the ball at will. Alabama's running back Coffee was running all over the place. Florida somehow buckled down on D and the offense got rolling again (you can only stop them so many times) and as Emeril would say "Bam, they kicked it up a notch". There was a critical face mask penalty that kept a Florida drive going and they ended up scoring a touchdown. I thought that was huge in this game. After that, the momentum swung Florida's way and they cruised to victory. I was very impressed with Alabama, they gave the Gators all they could handle. It's too bad we couldn't get a match up with them and Texas. Game would be sweet. Instead they get Utah (P. I'm praying for your Utes).
So now it's on to Oklahoma. I think they are a very good team, with an offense as explosive as they come (except for Florida's). I don't think they have faced a defense as good and fast as Florida's is, so I guess we'll see how good they really are. I think there is a pretty big discrepancy between defenses in the SEC and defenses in the Big 12. I have never liked Stoops, so I hope Florida murders them. I hope they show no mercy, even when they're up 30. Just keep piling it on like he does. Florida could have scored 60 on most of their opponents, but Meyer chose to pull the starters. I guess Oklahoma kind of had to with the way the BCS is, but I still hate Stoops. I do like Florida's chances to win the national title. As far as I know Percy Harvin is still questionable, but even if he can't play, the Gator's have proven they can win without him. The worst part is I have to wait until January 8 to see them play.

By the way, Tebow was awesome. Pretty much put the team on his back and carried them. And yes Tikes I know my Dukies lost to Michigan, but it's still early and they'll be fine.

6 comments:

Tikes said...

Bnut...I was getting pissed during that game when Bama was crushing it down UF's throat....until Spikes decided it was time to stop it all. With some encouragement from Tebow.

I hope that OU keeps with their trend of sucking in BCS bowls of late...and gets shutout. I think Stoops is pretty smug especially when he runs the score up just to prove how good they are.

I hope that Florida absolutely murdalizes them. Hopefully a month is enough time for Harvin to heal his ankle and get fully healthy, becuase they can't squeak by on Tebow's will all the way. He is good, but I don't know if he's that good.

As for Dook. They laid an egg at Michigan. The worst part is Kry's excuse...."it was a tough academic week for us..."

What?

You made the schedule...and you didn't seem to have a problem beating Michigan pretty easily two weeks ago...yet somehow your guys play like shiz when its finals week? Nice try Kry, just say, "we played badly, and we got beat. We couldn't guard anyone, and we shot the ball terribly. Don't blame it on a "tough week academically". This is why I cannot stand that little rat.


Better yet, do what most every other college coach in America does...and not schedule a game during finals week. Holy moly. His other excuses were to blame the Michigan fans for coming out in force....duh....everyone hates you...I think his players were intimidated and thought that they could show up and win easily. Good for Michigan.

That being said....I do think they are fine, because they are Duke. They will intimidate a bunch of people who play at Cameron indoor, and be just fine. I still hope that they get beat by 1 million points to UNC. But when that is the case, Duke will just start throwing punches. The so called classiest coach in all of basketball can't take losing...what a joke.

Bnut's Bible said...

I laughed out loud the entire time reading your comment Tikes. I do agree that is a lame excuse for getting beat by Michigan. Like you said, don't schedule a game that week. As for your hatred for coach K. and the Dukies, ease up a little. Your gonna burst a vessel dude. UNC is Duke's rival, but I don't hate them that bad. Even if they have the spaziest white boy known to man. What is a Tarheel anyways? A male cow who stepped in an oil spill? Just curious.

Tikes said...

Tar Heel (or Tarheel) is a nickname applied to the state and inhabitants of North Carolina. It is also the nickname of the University of North Carolina athletic teams and students.

The exact etymology of the nickname is unknown, but most experts believe its roots come from the fact that tar, pitch and turpentine created from the vast pine forests were one of North Carolina's most important exports early in the state's history.

Because the exact history of the term is unknown, many legends have developed to explain it. Some people believe it to be a nickname given during the U.S. Civil War, due to the state's importance on the Confederate side, and the fact that the troops "stuck to their ranks like they had tar on their heels".

A town in Bladen County, North Carolina, is also named Tar Heel. The term Tar Heel gained popularity during the civil war.

Yep, that is straight from my brain.

Bnut's Bible said...

So they are nicknamed after racist bigots from the south during the civil war. Sounds pretty right. Why the ram?

nataliejustin said...

Blah, Blah, Blah, Jrod you are the man! I still love the tunes!

Tobias said...

How did this post turn into a college basketball post? Jrod dook sucks just like my Utes. T is a stud at UNC, and I believe they will win the tilte this year in March. As for your Gators I am happy for them. I hope the Kill stoops as well. Then maybe we could hear him cry about it for 2 yrs.