Tuesday, April 28, 2009

IT'S SUPERCROSS!!!



(These two battles for the better part of the premier race of the night)



This past Saturday Tre and I ventured up to Rice-Eccles Stadium for the return of Supercross to Utah. After a 5 year hiatus from Utah, Supercross was back and better than ever. Except for parking 2 miles away and carrying Tre to the stadium (he fell asleep on the way up and wasn't happy when I awoke him) it was pretty much the sweetest thing ever. The racing was intense, the chicks were smoking hot (just kidding Bec), and the weather actually turned out to be pretty decent. It was a little chilly, but not too bad considering it was snowing in Utah County a few hours before the racing started. I was a little worried it was going to be a mudder, but the track turned out to be pretty good.

I think Tre had a pretty good time. He liked the track and the motorcycles (even though he didn't like how loud they were), but most of all he liked the bobcats that were doing track maintenance between races. Of all the cool things at a Supercross he gets excited over the miniature tractors used to smooth out the track. Wow. He also thoroughly enjoyed the big bag of cotton candy and lemonade we got (I used it to bribe him after he said he wanted to go home 15 minutes into it) shortly after arrival.

Overall the event was a huge success and I even have a verbal commitment from Tre to attend next year with me as well. So anyone else who would like to join us next year, this is your open invitation. And don't act you're all too cool, believe me you won't be disappointed.

(Sorry no pics from the event, I'm a bad father and didn't take a camera)

8 comments:

Tikes said...

Super hot chicks at a motocross event? Right.

As for me wanting to go to this event, I don't, but I think it might be Luke's dream come true so give me a call because I am a good parent and I would suffer through it to make my child happy.

Bnut's Bible said...

No comment on your first comment.

I'll give you a jingle though next year. Usually at the end of April.

Tikes said...

No comment = admission of truth.

Riley Alexander said...

The only thing cooler then motocross is nascar, and the monster trucks.

I was kidding. I'm pretty sure I'll be sick, or way to busy when this date comes around next year.

Bnut's Bible said...

That invitation wasn't for you Ri-Bone, I wouldn't be caught dead in public with you and I'm pretty sure Tre would be embarassed if you were with us.

Riley Alexander said...

Tre would be imbarassed to be seen with me? Poor kid is as smart as his old man.

Bnut's Bible said...

imbarrassed? And your talking about being smart. Funny.

Bennett Family said...

I wouldn't exactly call them hot...well maybe if you like them in skin-tight black trashy clothes barely covering their fake-baked surgery boosted bodies. I am sure you got a good view of them what...on the 24 row of the upper section. Come again!