Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Invicible No More!



VS.




I know this news is a few days old, but I've been a little busy. Not only did Tikes beloved dungfoots lose, but my Dukies even jumped them in the rankings to #2. Not only that, but Duke took care of business against a decent Davidson team tonight and Boston College (who just beat UNC) loses to Harvard. Wow! Now I know Tikes isn't worried, he's probably even glad they lost (sort of). Because he knows they will come back even better after this bump in the road. It is shaping up to be a great year of ACC basketball, and I can't wait for the Duke/UNC match ups. Should be epic games as always.

2 comments:

Tikes said...

With the Tarheels, I can tell early on if they are going to win or lose, and I knew it by halftime....that they were done for.

Tyrese Rice just has Ty Lawson's (and Carolina's) number. Last year he dumped like 50 points on us....but we still squeaked out a victory.

I was interested to see how we would react to a close game, and a game in which we did not play well, and we found out, that we just got frustrated and sucked even more. I for one, am glad they lost, I am not glad it was a conference game, but I am glad they don't have to worry about the pressure of being undefeated in February or March.

I am not worried about the rankings now....I am only concerned about the final seeding in the tourney. Their body of work has to be better than Duke, UCONN, and Big East competitors to get the 1 seed in the East. Which means they need to nut up and beat Wake on the road, and beat Duke on the road....and not have any more collapses against anyone else....

The Clemson game will be tough too...they fit into the category of spoiler, as they always give Carolina fits for some reason. Both games went into OT last year.

Duke v. UNC is always classic...and the only way Duke stands a chance is if they are nailing their 3's and Zoudork has a monster game. Both are possible....but hopefully Deon Thompson can show up. I will not be surprised even a little bit if they split the series, they do almost every year.

I have noticed though....that most bad Carolina losses are at home....they seem to play better in the blue unis....

Anonymous said...

Yeah but who won the championship? UNC Number One in my heart 4EVER!!!